Most of the clinics provide an extension to the IVF procedure, which is the Cryopreservation process where the sperm and eggs are stored for future use. Many women come with menopausal problems, ovarian failure, and even cancer, so they need time for conceiving. In the meantime, the eggs are preserved until the couple decides on the pregnancy. The Vitrification technology helps in rapid freezing of the eggs for its usage over several years.
Cryopreservation and its Applications
Under this process, the women eggs are retrieved and fertilized that leads to the availability of the viable embryos, which are further implanted into the uterus of a woman. After the implantation process, still, some high-quality embryos are left with the Fertility Center. The freezing of these embryos is known as Cryopreservation. The same can be done with the Oocytes used in the fertilization process. This method is applicable in varied ways:
- This method preserves the eggs for future purpose. The embryos or oocytes can be frozen at any stage like the pro-nuclear, early cleaved stage or the blastocyst stage.
- The sperm freezing through Cryopreservation process helps in assisting in the human reproduction as these sperms are stored for further use. Most of the couples may decide on conceiving at a later stage thus, this process proves useful for them.
- Moreover, in the Cryopreservation technique, the protective substances used prevents the formation of an intracellular ice. The liquid used in it assists in keeping the embryo intact and increases the chances of successful implantation by 90%.
- The freezing of embryos or oocytes by the Fertility Center provides a ray of hope to the couples who want to conceive the child at a later stage after sorting all the medical issues. The freezing of eggs helps in getting pregnant with minimum efforts and curbs the discarding of the embryos or oocytes.
Advantages of Cryopreservation
The modern-day couples are choosing this latest process because of its several advantages. Even the Oocyte Vitrification is a front-runner technology for Cryopreservation that helps in rapid freezing of the eggs, which makes the fertilization process easier. Here are some of the basic advantages of this treatment:
- The women who want to get pregnant can conceive with this process without going through the full IVF cycle in the Fertility Center.
- The spare embryos and oocytes preserved with the clinics can also be used for the donation to other couples.
- This process proves helpful if the woman is at risk of multiple gestation or faces bleeding while implantation of eggs.
- If the cervix of a woman is narrow and the embryo transfer becomes difficult, then Cryopreservation is highly recommended.
Lastly, the modern methods have changed the face of conceiving the child with ease, and couples can go for pregnancy when they are ready to accept the parenthood.