We put our armpits through a lot in the quest for beauty, whether we are using depilatory creams for armpit hair removal, are subjecting them to shaving and waxing rashes or putting them through laser treatment to rid them of unwanted hair, the armpits really do suffer to live up to our standards. However, there is an armpit condition that we find a lot more troublesome, and that is extreme sweating.
Excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis, is a condition that can affect both women and men, and it’s caused by hyperactive sweat glands. Excessive sweating happens in areas where there’s a high concentration of sweat glands, such as the hands, feet, armpits and the groin area. This condition can cause extreme embarrassment, and seriously affect our self-confidence. It can cause great emotional and psychological upset, when severe sweating interferes with daily activities, especially when the excessive sweating is from the armpits.
Excessive sweating can cause lots of inconveniences:
- It limits what type of fabrics you can comfortably wear
- Washing and dry-cleaning bills will probably soar
- The embarrassment and frustration it causes when we’re in public and with groups of friends
- When meeting new partners, the main concern is that you’ll glisten and glow, not making a great first impression
- The chances are, that you will have to change your clothing more often.
Most people try self-treatment first; there’s a range of antiperspirants you can buy and talcum powder, which can help to absorb the sweat. If these have not helped, then botox hyperhidrosis treatment is an excellent alternative, giving outstanding results to stop extreme sweating.
Tips to Prevent Excessive Sweating:
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid taking hot baths
- Shave the armpits and groin areas to prevent excessive sweating
- Lessen your caffeine intake
- Avoid using any harsh deodorants or soaps
- Try to avoid hot drinks
- Avoid smoking, drugs and excess alcohol
- Cut out sugary, spicy and chemically processed foods from your diet
- Wear loose-fitting clothes
- Wear clothes with natural fibres, like cotton.
- Avoid synthetic fabrics, like nylon and polyester
Excessive sweating can effectively be treated with botox injections, and reputable clinics will offer the latest, safe cosmetic medical treatment for this condition. The treatment is quick, effective and minimally painless. After making the area numb beforehand to minimise any discomfort, very small quantities of botox get injected in the armpit region. Very fine needles inject the botox into the armpits, and the procedure is almost painless.
The botox treatment usually takes about 20-30 minutes and you can return to work immediately after the procedure. In most cases the treatment takes effect within a matter of days and can last up to 9-12 months. The procedure can safely be repeated as often as necessary.